Substitute Teacher Information
Are you interested in becoming a SubstituteTeacher for Dayton ISD?
Please visit our job bank to complete your application and be registered for our next sub training.
Tasks for the Applicant
- Submit a completed Non-Professional Employment Application online - found on our Job Bank.
- Bring a copy of your high school diploma or college transcript.
- Read Form I-9 (found in the grey box on this page) and bring the necessary supporting documentation to Substitute Teacher training.
- For IRS and PARS purposes we request your social security card.
- Attend a Dayton ISD Substitute Teacher training. Professional attire is required.
- Complete the fingerprinting process and pay $48.95 once you have received your email from Identogo Services after attending our substitute teacher training course.
Tasks for Dayton ISD
- Complete a background check for each applicant through TX DPS.
- Generate a Fast Pass for the applicant to complete the finger printing process.
- Submit the Substitute Teacher candidates' names to the Board of Trustees for approval.
- Activate & Maintain Substitute Teachers in Aesop - DISD's Substitute Teacher management software.